The Internet makes it easy for prospects to think they already know everything about your company before they even engage with your sales force. So now every company is investing in sales enablement.
Forrester defines sales enablement as:
"... a strategic, ongoing process that equips all client-facing employees with the ability to consistently and systematically have a valuable conversation with the right set of customer stakeholders at each stage of the customer's problem-solving life cycle to optimize the return of investment of the selling system."
The Hayden Group agrees that sales enablement is:
• A strategic ongoing process
• That ideally empowers all client-facing employees
• To create consistently valuable conversations with your target
• At each stage of the purchase cycle and
• Optimizes your marketing ROI.
Engage for Sales
It is more important than ever that marketing establish and continue the right brand communications from the beginning. Mid-funnel, marketing must then assist sales via dialog-engaging vehicles. Engage for Sales begins with your branded message at the very first point of engagement and continues that engagement at every point of the customer purchase cycle. It is the next iteration of The Hayden Group's Customer Purchase Cycle tool, which we have been using with our clients for eight years.
Customer Purchase Cycle
Engage for Sales begins with our Purchase Cycle Tool. Are your sales and marketing teams in full alignment regarding the purchase cycle for your products and services? Are your marketing programs driven by a true customer perspective? Do you have all the information you need or do we need some research? Does your company truly understand:
• Who are the players in your purchase cycle?
• Who are the influencers and the decision-makers?
• Where does your target audience get its information?
• Which messages work for which audience?
• Which messages work for which target, when and how?